E commerce Company
The Warehouse & Logistics Manager will be responsible for the day to day activity of running the inventory and warehouse operations ensuring that the inventory system is fully operational.
Responsible for the day to day operations of the Inventory team and ensuring the workflow and supervision of the team is effective and obstacles to the process are cleared
• Responsible for overseeing the inventory management process, defining departmental strategies for appropriate inventory levels, eliminating obsolete and off-spec material, and reduce aging material
• Develop methods and procedures for scheduling of raw materials from suppliers to support manufacturing in achieving customer demand and minimizing cost impacts.
• Develop and maintain transportation system on domestic and international freight that ensures business needs are met
• Manage customer service activities including order entry, customer satisfaction, interface with sales, production, labs, regulatory, and quality ensuring that customer service creates competitive advantage in marketplace including resolving critical customer complaints.
• Create, manage and achieve the overall logistics and customer service department budgets
• Develop and lead Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process
• Ensure Company is in compliance with laws and regulations regarding transportation, including hazardous materials. Resolve any legal issues pertaining to transportation/distribution
• Ensure Logistics Department complies with ISO 9002 requirements
• Maintain receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program operational and personnel policies and procedures.
• Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
• Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met.
• Oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles.
• Participate in personnel development at all levels through talent acquisition, performance management, providing opportunity for high performers, education, communication, expectation setting, and self-actualization
• Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
• Proven management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
• Highly skilled communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
• Customer focused
• Proven analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
• Strong planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects through to completion and to manage competing priorities
• Project management skills
• Commercial and financial acumen with a full understanding of the impact of failure in terms of business cost, production schedules and customer order fulfilment
• Excellent attention to detail skills
• Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, HND, B.Tech. Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
• Prior experience of working in logistics/supply chain/transportation function within the automotive or manufacturing environment with a comprehensive knowledge of logistics processes and procedures
• Expert knowledge of technical regulations related to logistics such as import/export and customs regulations, including security requirements to include certification in dangerous goods handling and aviation security
• High degree of knowledge and understanding of a variety of manufacturing and automotive processes and components and of supply chain management
• Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including knowledge and understanding of specialist systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Bill of Material (BOM) and customer data systems
• Advanced Excel user
• Ability to analyse and manipulate technical and complex data and provide meaningful information
• Membership of an appropriate professional body such as the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport would be advantageous
• Knowledge of lean techniques may be advantageous
Salary : As per Interview
[Note: Consultation Fee Rs 1000/- Applicable before Interview, Placement charges may applicable for this job]